META name="y_key" content="aa5e46f955af38ff"> The LEAD Ladies...: QUESTION: WHY DO KIDS AND PETS EAT CHIPS OF OLD PAINT?

Sunday, April 11, 2010

QUESTION: WHY DO KIDS AND PETS EAT CHIPS OF OLD PAINT?

ANSWER:  There is a very simple explanation why kids or pets would be attracted to the taste of old paint. Its the same reason why it can be added to chocolate and candy today without us noticing, and why the Romans, centuries ago, added it to their otherwise bitter tasting wine. Lead naturally has a sweet taste. 
If you live in a house or apartment that is not new, a  lead test kit can help you test to ensure you do not have a lead paint source in your home. Note that while lead house paint was phased out as of 1977, many homeowners and landlords continued to use paint they had on hand for years. Today, many industrial paints still contain lead. And just because lead contaminated paint has been painted over with safe paint does not resolve the danger in a house with kids or pets. 
Here is a quick link to LEAD TEST KITS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment